Isolated Not Dejected

After series of hardwork and persuasions, I got one of the best young writers in Nigeria to work with me. It feels really pleasing working with you (Semilore Kilaso). Here is her write up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 

“Standing in the Glory of my Homeland.
Not even having a place to call my home.
Living amongst people I don't know.
I just have to embrace them as my family.
We are one. In this together.
Not even having enough cloths to wear.
No shoes!
Having different colours of shorts and tops. 
Cloths that are not matching. Orange and Blue?
I am grateful. 
Even if my life seems broken.
Living in an IDP camp doesn't make me poor at heart.

I live for now.
 Looking up.
Looking forward for I know my life is not bound to this.
I have a future.”
- Semilore Kilaso. 

Photo credit: FabsImages.
Story by: Semilore Kilaso.
semilorekilaso@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment