Trey Songz Sentenced To 18 Months Probation As He Reaches Plea Deal In Detroit Concert Assault Case.

R&B singer Trey Songz has reached a deal with prosecutors to reduce a felony assault charge stemming from a concert in Detroit. 

The 32-year-old artist pleaded guilty Friday to two counts of disturbing the peace in a Wayne County court. He will serve 18 months of probation.

Authorities say microphones and speakers were thrown from stage during his December concert at Joe Louis Arena.


A police sergeant was punched. Police have said the singer became upset when told to end his performance. 
Songz, whose real name is Tremaine Neverson, was charged with aggravated assault and assaulting a police officer.
He apologized to the city on Friday, saying 'I love Detroit.' 
In the video from the incident, Trey - who was on tour with Chris Brown - can be heard saying: 'They say they gone cut my mic off, 'cause I'm taking too much time.


'If that happens, I love you no matter what.
'If they cut me off...tell everybody about it.
'Because if a n**** cut me off, I'm going the f*** crazy.' 
At the time Police spokesman Officer Dan Donakowski said Songz became 'upset and belligerent' after he was told he had to end his concert and leave the stage at 11:30 p.m.

Comments