Album With No Bad Song


Sequel to one of my Instagram stories where I ran a poll, comparing Mayorkun's The Mayor of Lagos and Kizz Daniel's No Bad Songz. The result came as much as I wanted it, even though I never expected it to be that way.
See the result to the poll below:


The result helped me put this post together, even though I had it drafted already. 
Before we go to the main reason why you're here, few days ago, I wrote a review about the No Bad Songz. Before you proceed on this article, I would really love for you to read my review here: No Bad Songz Review

Welcome back, hope you enjoyed the review. Now, let's talk about the comparison and talk about the album without A Bad Song.

After digesting The Mayor of Lagos Album on a high quality sound system for 5 straight hours, I feel it's a very beautiful project, even as a debut album. 

Kizz Daniel's No Bad Songz is one beautiful album without a bad song, literally, but I feel Mayorkun's album should have been titled No Bad Songz.

All through The Mayor of Lagos Album, there's no boring moment at all, from the introduction where he featured his mum, to Sope, or is it Jonze Me Ft Sarkodie? Who doesn't love Drama Queen?

I can't talk well enough about the general acceptance of Red Handed featuring the DMW boys (Peruzzi, Dremo and Yonda)

Kizz Daniel's No Bad Songz on the other hand does not have a song we can call "bad" but there are songs that didn't meet up to expectations. Personally, Ghetto ft Nasty C would have been one hit track off the album but I didn't get enough of him at all. One would be expecting the Nasty C of Coolest Kid in Africa or Said with Runtown.

Somebody dey and Ghetto would make me lower the ratings of the No Bad Songz album and pick The Mayor of Lagos over it. Outside those two tracks, there are no bad songs at all.

Let me know what you think about this, is Mayorkun's album supposed to be the titled No Bad Songz or kizz Daniel got the Album name correctly?

What's your favourite out of these two, and which track do you love most?

Mean while, Mayorkun released the video to the banger, Red Handed. If you haven't seen it, don't worry too much, just click here.

Comments